Friday 13 January 2012

Your searching eyes are troubled. They entreat to know my essence as the orb of the night seeks to discern the sea. I have unveiled my life afore your sight , with nothing withheld or unrevealed. That is why you know me not.
If it were only a precious stone I could split it into pieces and string them together to put on your neck.
If it were only a blossom, I could sever it from its stem and give it to you.
But it is a heart, beloved.  Where are its strands and its low base?
You know not the bounds of this realm, yet you rule it.
If it were only a trice of delight, it would blossom in a simple tender smile, and you could see and fathom it in a moment.
If it were only a hurt, it would dissolve in lucid tears, reflecting its mystery without a word.
But it is love , beloved.
Its solace and its aches are boundless and endless its yearnings and worth.
It is as near to you as your own soul but you can never wholly comprehend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment